Few points to remember for first visit Sarafa Bazaar explorers:
- Sarafa is located about 2.5 km from Indore GPO and can be easily reached from Rajwada Palace by cab, car, two-wheeler or rickshaw. However, parking is difficult given that the bazaar is localted in narrow lanes.
- Do wear comfortable walking shoes.
- As with any food street visit, try and go in a group of 6-10 in order to try all the dishes on offer without wasting any food.
- Plan to reach by 8-8:30 PM since food can run out given the popularity of some of the stalls.
- Though bottled drinking water is available easily, do carry your own water bottle to avoid purchasing plastic water bottles.
- Sarafa can get crowded given that Indore is a city of foodies. Don’t let the hordes intimidate you. Look around and take in the sights, sounds and aromas as you experience gastronomical delight.
- Some of the dishes mentioned in this guide are seasonal and may not be available depending on which time of the year you are visiting.
- Take the time to chat up with food stall owners to get an insight into the history of their stalls, know their secret ingredients and celebrated recipes.
For a detailed food guide to Indore's famous food street: Sarafa Bazaar, Click here